Monday, November 26, 2012

La Cucaracha

I'm going to post some older journal entries to catch you (and me) up to speed. 


I laughed when I re-read this journal entry... Now I'm used to the gigante (he-gan-te) bugs around here... not so much that I want to see any in my house, let's be clear Jesus... but they pale in comparison to the real "bugs" in life- broken relationships, loneliness, unanswered questions, heartache, loss, feeling or being unwanted- all stories of beautiful children and teens I have met here. So this entry feels lame knowing what I now know, but it's part of my journey and what Jesus used to bring bigger perspective....

September 25, 2012
Dear Jesus,
I finally start to sleep ok here and then I get another bug! Ay yi yi! PLEASE no more. YES, that is girly, whiney, and in the scheme of life's problems, a ridiculous request and not a big deal, but for this God girl it is. And I'm begging in the name of Jesus that you kill them all. Amen.
Love,
your little one who has to kill all of the "on steroid" sized bugs in Mexico in her house and classroom by herself

No comments:

Post a Comment