Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Daddy's Girl


September 19, 2012

Dear Papa,
How did it get to be September 19 already?! I was trying so hard to journal everyday, but as You can see I’ve missed a few… A sweet new friend, Jenn, and I have started meeting at the palapa outside each morning so hopefully that will help a bit.
On Monday, September 17 I had this unmissable ache for my daddy. I miss sitting in his lap (yes, I still do this. As long as I still fit, it will still happen) and processing life together. As I processed alone, I came to a familiar and firm conclusion on the matter: a father plays a vital role in his little girl’s life and there is no room to fall short on that duty. I feel extremely passionate about the role a father plays in his kids’ life. One reason I feel so strongly about the father’s role is because I believe it is as close to our Heavenly Father that we can get this side of Heaven. This seems obvious, but then why does the role of a dad on the earthly side often go underplayed?
I think of those without a father- maybe by the father’s poor choices, laziness, fear, unforeseen death, and a myriad of other reasons- it breaks my heart and makes me a bit angry in fact.  There is no room for messing this role up in a girl’s life. To pretend that I fully get the reasons why a dad is absent in all or parts of his little girls’ life would be wrong and naïve of me. I desire to know and understand this relationship more, Jesus. I want to help dad’s fulfill this role and know its significance. And I want to provide comfort and understanding to those girls who experience deep hurt due to this void in their lives.  I have much to learn here….
Thank you God for being the perfect Father.
-your little one

No comments:

Post a Comment