Thursday, August 30, 2012

Eager Hearts


August 28, 2012
Dear Papa,

Overwhelmed is an understatement of grand proportion.  If I am going to teach these sweet kids then You are going to have to teach me how and QUICK! From arranging the room to making the curriculum schedule I am at a total loss. Thanks to Hope (a new friend on campus) for helping me the WHOLE day- setting up, giving me ideas and best of all being willing to come back and help some more. Jesus, I am overwhelmed. I could use some Holy wisdom, mercy, and help. As I was writing this entry I recalled a story that I forgot to write about yesterday…As I was slaving away in my kitchen cleaning (the ants are really bad here, so I plan to do all in my power to keep them out of my house) I heard this adorable little voice a stone throw from my door say “la maestra vive aqui” (the teacher lives here). It was the sweetest, cutest little voice! And it made me smile. Amidst my nervousness, it warmed my heart and made me stand a bit taller. Thank you for her Jesus.

Love,
your little one

P.S. They are so excited about their new “maestra”! May I seek You with that same eager heart.

Here are some photos of my classroom so far...






No comments:

Post a Comment