Thursday, August 30, 2012

This little piggy went to the market...and barely made it out


August 27, 2012

I met with Steve in the morning to learn the basics of being on staff with B2B and go over the policy manual.  Afterwards I went with his wife Christy to HEB (the local grocery chain). That was overwhelming to say the least! Since I’ve arrived in Monterrey I have “lost”, actually no “ “, I HAVE LOST my Spanish!! For some reason I am so nervous I can’t understand a word anyone is saying and I’m far too nervous to attempt a response.  I have a shot with kids or teenagers, but they are the only people group so far that I have even been able to muster a word to. Normally I can understand what everyone is saying and am just limited by my vocabulary in my response, but this time it is the opposite.  Dear Jesus, in Your Mighty Name I beg for the complete ability to understand and speak Spanish.  Supernaturally and instantly if you see fit. Please.

Anyway, Christy was so patient with me enduring our 3 hour shopping trip because I could barely read what was what. I spent the rest of the evening cleaning my entire kitchen top to bottom. It is “just so” which is just how I like it. ;)  Tomorrow to set up my classroom…
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment