Thursday, August 30, 2012

Taking time for the little things (or people) in life...


August 29, 2012

Dear Papa,

Yesterday just felt long. Not in a bad way, I just didn’t get as much done as I would have liked to. And the project haunting me is curriculum planning. It simply feels daunting Jesus. I started working on it yesterday at my apartment when a three-foot tall girl with a honey brown face and smile that would melt an igloo in an instant helped herself into my apartment. I could have sent her home but instead we shared an apple, played a few games, sang a few songs, danced a little, and I practiced my Spanish. I actually felt comfortable to get a few words and sentences out and my new little friend Zua corrected me or finished my sentence for me as necessary. So I was thankful for the interruption after all. As for the stack of curriculum that didn’t disappear during our playsurprise...

Faithfully yours Jesus,
Amy

Leaning into this verse: "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  The curriculum will get done. Today was important. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amy, with love to you from Mom and Dad, and from your many friends. Good luck, and God Bless you on your Mission to love and serve others in the name of Jesus. You are a great person, and you are becoming a better person every day. Keep the faith. We will do the same. Love, Daddio

    ReplyDelete