Monday, November 26, 2012

Praying in His Victory over Their Lives


October 1, 2012

Dear Papa,

So many good conversations this weekend; I’m not sure I can capture them all or do them justice at that. So here are some thoughts I need to further process and write about…

I am so lucky (in Jesus) to have the life I have- that I didn’t have to sort through some horrific mess or abandonment or abuse or neglect in my life. Yet out of my “luckiness” it would be foolish and a complete miss to not care for the orphan or person who is confined or presently defined by those situations. How much harder is it to believe Jesus in the midst of so much pain? Those sweet ones have so much to sort through and there is total warring over their life. The battle is not one that can be seen, but rather a major spiritual battle is being waged over their life. As much as Jesus is fighting for them, Satan is as well. The kids we meet are in such a place of brokenness and come from such terrible backgrounds… for them to find God is a total miracle of Jesus. We have nothing to offer the kids, literally nothing. Their turning point or choice to choose Jesus for their lives can only be attributed to a complete miracle of Jesus.

Side note for clarification…I have not had nor lived a “perfect” life, and I don’t see myself as any better than the beautiful ones I speak of. I was simply reflecting this week on present miracles of Jesus and Jesus in the midst of heartache. As I wrestle with the cruelties of  life His sweet ones have endured and find myself angry at those who left them in such places, I lean into the Truth of who this King of kings is and remember that He is always victorious! Let's pray it in!

Let me be Your light,
your little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment